Smoothies to take to work are here to literally save your life. If you are a busy person and are always on the go, chances are you don’t have time to make an all out meal. And much less to think about making something with the minimum healthy and nutritious standards.
Here is when smoothies take a whole new meaning. There are tons of healthy smoothie recipes you can easily whip up in just minutes so you can bring them along wherever you go, and still be able to give your body proper nutrients without sacrificing taste.
Smoothies are the best way to get a ton of fiber, protein, and vitamins in one delicious serving.
Made in just minutes, these thick, rich, creamy and yummy drinks can provide the right boost while filling your tummy till your next meal. These are the perfect natural on the go solution; so forget about energy drinks or other commercial drinks that may contain tons of sugar and other harmful ingredients.
Simple Ways To Make Smoothies In Advance, Why To Make Them In Advance?
One of the greatest advantages of preparing your own smoothies is that you know exactly what’s in them, and so exactly what your putting in your body.
Though smoothies are pretty fast to make, it’s always a good idea to prep ahead of time, specially if you know you’ll have an specially busy day/week.
You may also want to prep in advance because you want to start your day with a smoothie. This is great because no matter what the day brings your way, you know you already had your healthy dose of fruits, veggies, probiotics, healthy fats, and even sometimes nuts/seeds and chia or flax seeds.
There are a few way to make your smoothies fuss free and on time so you can have one less thing to worry about. Make sure you have in hand
- Popsicle Molds
- Freezer-Safe Jars
- Blend and freeze: this make-ahead option consist of blending a smoothie in the blender. Pour the smoothie into freezer-safe Mason jars, and freeze. Make sure you place the jar in the fridge and defrost overnight before you plan to drink it. You can keep it in the freeze for up to 3 months.
- Freezer smoothie packs: to make a freezer smoothie pack, fill Ziploc bags or Mason jars and freeze them with your desired smoothie ingredients. When its time to make your smoothie, remove a package from the freezer, place 1 cup of liquid in the blender. Then pour the fruit in the blender, and give it a whirl. With this option you can prep smoothies up to 6 months in advance!
- Grab and go: Simply blend a smoothie, and then pour it into push-up molds or even popsicle molds. Just grab it straight from the freezer and by lunchtime is ready to be enjoyed.
- Blend and refrigerate: this tactic is similar to the blend and freeze. All you have to do is make a smoothie, pour the smoothie into Mason jars and refrigerate. Smoothies will keep in the fridge for 1-2 days.
How To Pack A Smoothie For Lunch?
Want to bring your smoothie for work and have a healthy lunch or snack? No worries. Packing a smoothie in your lunch bag is not as scary as you may think.
Packing a smoothie comes down to having on hand the best smoothie bottles, cups and containers. Then all you need to do is
- Place your container in the freezer overnight.
- In the morning, fill it with your choice of smoothie
- Pack it into the lunch bag and head out the door.
Our recommendation is, either yo go for the thermos container or the freezer cups.
Thermos containers act as a freezer pack, so by lunch time your smoothie will be have the perfect texture. While freezer cups are also great because they come with a screw-top lid and seals, so you won’t worry about messy spills.
How To Keep A Smoothie Cold Until Lunch?
Let’s say you are mixing hot and cold items in your lunch bag and are wondering how to keep your smoothie cold until lunch? It might sound tricky but there isn’t much science to it.
A handy tip is to carry an ice pack and keep hot and cold items separate making one zone of your lunch bag cold; that way your cold items such as dips, veggies or drinks can stay cold as long as you need.
So next time you are packing your smoothie, make sure you place it on the cold side of your lunch bag.
Smoothies To Take To Work Recipes
Need an easy, quick yet simple smoothie recipe so you can bring it with you to work? Find below 28 easy smoothie recipes and choose your favorite! Perfect to bring along.
Have you tried this?